Download the complete recipe, PDF format, here. (EN Version)
You need a quick and simple chicken recipe ? This lemon chicken is ideal !!
Sometime, we just need a healthy, quick and easy recipe,right ? That’s exactly what The Kitten offers you here. Few utensils, no special techniques, only pleasure!
Lemon chicken with vegetables
Ingredients (for 4 people) :
- Olive, oil (1 tbsp)
- 4 chicken breasts
- salt/ pepper
- 8 small carrots (peeled and whistled)
- 8 small pink potatoes (brushed and cut in half)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 8 thin slices of organic lemons
- 150g whole milk
- 1 tbsp flour
- The zest of a lemon
- 150g chicken stock
- 1 small handful chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preparation (15min + 25 min cooking time) :
- Heat the oil, in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the carrots and potatoes. Sauté over high heat without adding any fat. Add thyme and broth. Cover and let it simmer over low heat for 10 min.
- Put back the chicken and lemon slices to skillet. Leave again over low heat 10 min.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, pour the flour. Then, slowly add the milk and mix it for 3 minutes.
- Mix milk sauce with chicken and vegetables.
- Mix and let reduce a few minutes Serve immediately, sprinkled with chopped parsley and a dash of lemon juice.