[Basic] Baked French Fries
You can download the recipe, for free, right HERE.
Baked French fries are an essential recipe to master.
No room for an electric fryer ? No effective hood to avoid odours ? Tired of using bags of industrial fries in the oven ?
To solve all these problems, here it is THE perfect recipe of baked franch fries !! you’ll get the crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside! This is the result of many tests and trials. And one day…
…finally, after many failures and average results, THE perfect french fries appeared!
First of all, you need to soak the potato to remove the starch. If you don’t, the potato will suck a lot of water. That is not what we want.
Then it is cooked for 15 minutes in simmering salted water to cook it through.
Finally, it is cooked for 30 to 40 minutes at 200°C by coating it inoil until golden brown and crisp. BINGO!! Your fries are ready!
Last tip: use the AGATA potato which is absolutely perfect for this recipe. And that suits us well: very cheap, easy to peel, it will not tire neither your arms nor your wallet!
When The Kitten tells you it’s a perfect recipe…
The Kitten’s baked French Fries
Ingredients (for 4 people)
- 8 big AGATA potatoes
- 5 tbspoilof grape seed oil
- Sea salt
Steps (15 minutes + 65 minutes of cooking)
- Peel the potatoes, then cut them into 1 cm side fries
- Soak for 5 minutes in cold water. Change the water and repeat the operation.
- Drain and bring a large volume of salted water to a boil.
- Cook potatoes in water for 15 minutes.
- Drain them and let the water evaporate to the maximum.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In an plastic bag (ziplock type), pour in theoiland the pre-cooked French fries. Mix to distribute theoil.
- On a baking sheet with parchment paper, place fries in a single layer.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, turning every 10 minutes with a spatula.
- Fries are cooked when they are golden brown. Salt when removing from oven.