You can download the recipe (PDF), for free HERE.
Autumn is coming (hey, we should do a tv show about it !). Temperatures are dropping. So it’s the perfect time to start preparing comforting, hot, simmered, flavoured dishes. This vegetable curry is perfect for the season.
Easy to make, it can be prepared in advance and then heated or even frozen. Even if this vegetable curry is easy, it takes a little time. Don’t rush, the whole recipe is made on low heat. This is how all the elements will give the maximum of flavours and taste for a top result on the table!
Use the vegetables you want according to what you will find at the market. The Kitten uses potatoes, carrots and turnips here. But you can be creative : peas, cauliflower, pumpkin,… let yourself be carried away by your inspiration!
Here the potato used is Roseval because it is perfectly suited to cooking and will not tend to purée.
If you can’t find fresh ginger, you can replace it with powdered ginger.
Ingredients (for 6 people) :
- A large onion, peeled and diced into cubes
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled, degerminated and chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- Olive oil
- 2 beautiful carrots peeled and detailed into trunks
- 2 turnips, peeled and coarsely diced
- 6 Roseval potatoes peeled and cut into 4
- 1 good tsp of turmeric
- 1 good spoonful of smoked paprika
- 1 good tbsp of garram massala
- 1 good teaspoon of ground coriander seeds
- 15cl single cream
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 2 large tomatoes, diced into cubes
- 2 cases of tomato paste
Filling and dressing:
- 300g basmati rice
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 6 naans
- 1 bowl of cottage cheese
Preparation (15 min + 50 min cooking time)
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat a little olive oil and sweat onion and garlic.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and reduce heat. Cook until evaporated and coloured.
- Add the diced tomatoes. Cook until the water from the vegetation evaporates (12/15 min).
- Add the tomato paste and coat the preparation well. Add the spices. Salt. Mix again.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and then the vegetables (potatoes, carrots, turnips). Mix well to coat vegetables with sauce.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes (check that the vegetables are cooked with the tip of a knife). Add broth and/or continue cooking if necessary.
Add the cream. Keep warm.
- Cook the rice for 10 minutes in boiling salted water. Drain, add the chopped cilantro.
- Reheat the naans in the oven for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve the vegetable curry immediately with coriander rice, hot naans and cottage cheese.