[Christmas] Scallops skewers – Joel Robuchon
The recipe can be download for free (PDF) HERE.
Christmas is approaching slowly. But The Kitten has already been fooled several times: he thinks he has time, and finally, in a snap of his finger (or his paw), Christmas is already here and you have to do everything in a hurry.
So this year, we start nicely, we put the selected recipes in favorites. We print the recipe sheets. So, we’re ready for the D day!
Scallops, mushrooms, a sauce: it’s ready!
For scallops, you can choose them frozen and thaw them a few hours before serving in a mix of water and milk. In all cases, choose products from responsible fishing by checking that they carry the MSC label.
This recipe is ideal as an appetizer with arugula salad.
Skewers of scallops Joel Robuchon style
Ingredients (for4 skewers / 4 people)
- 8 scallops (without their coral) washed and drained
- 4 button mushrooms washed and cut into 5mm thick strips
- Olive oil
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- A few sprigs of chives
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Salt / Pepper
- Arugula salad
Preparation (10 min + 5 min cooking time)
- With a 1.5 cm diameter piece cutter, cut discs into the mushroom strips.
- Brown them quickly in a frying pan over high heat with butter and olive oil. Season and set aside.
- On skewer peaks, prick 2 scallops alternately and then 3 mushroom rings per skewer.
- Season on each side and brown over medium heat for 30s to 1 min on each side depending on the size of the scallops, in a mixture of oil, butter and thyme sprigs.
- Remove the skewers.
- Leave the pan on the stove and deglaze with the vinegar and soy sauce. Reduce for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return the skewers to the pan to coat them with sauce.
- Serve the drained skewers on a bed of arugula with a dash of sauce.