These small almond shortbreads are a delight at coffee time, at the end of the meal or at tea time.
Very simple to make, they can be stored for several days in a box, away from the light. The last advantage: it is possible to freeze the biscuits (either the “roll” or cut into biscuits) and take them out as you go along.
Simply extend the cooking time.
The Kitten leaves you: the coffee is ready;)
Ingredients (for 6 people) :
- Flour: 150
- Almond powder: 150g
- Powdered sugar: 60g
- Semi-salted butter: 120g
- 1 large egg
- 1 good handful of whole almonds
- 1 vanilla bean (or extract)
Preparation (15 min + 1 hour of refrigeration + 12 min of cooking):
- In a bowl, mix the powders: flour, almond powder, vanilla, sugar and then the butter ointment. Mix quickly with hands.
- Add the beaten egg. Mix to obtain a homogeneous paste.
- In a plastic film, roll up a 3 or 4 cm diameter strand and keep 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Cut cookies one centimetre thick.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet, add an almond to each and bake for about 12 minutes.