The “Iberico Egg”
This “perfect egg” is really the right plan for an easy and economical dish: the egg is a cheap product that reveals all its potential with a little technique.
The top: the perfect egg at 64°C. To do this, several techniques can be used, but The Kitten uses the Cooking Chef (Kenwood), which allows you to maintain a bath at a constant temperature.
For ease of use, you can easily choose a soft-boiled egg.
To accompany the egg, The Kitten picks up in the season: a cream of pumpkin and Iberico ham as well as a little comté cheese for the yummy vibe !
Finally, to bring acidity and freshness, we finish with a few strokes of honey/mustard/balsamic vinaigrette.
This dish is rather economical and highlights the products, so ideally choose quality products to get the most out of them.
The “Iberico” egg
Ingredients (for 4 people)
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of Jamon Iberico detailed in matches
For the pumpkin cream
- 1 pumpkin peeled, emptied of seeds and cubed
- 200cl chicken broth
- Olive oil
- Salt / pepper
- 15cl of liquid cream
For the vinaigrette
- 30cl olive oil
- 10cl balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp mustard
For the tile
- 50g freshly grated comté cheese
- 20g of bread crumbs
Plating and finishing
- A few sprigs of chopped chives
Preparation (15 min + 1 hour of cooking)
- Cook the eggs in a water bath at 64°C for 45 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat a mixture of olive oil and butter. Brown the pumpkin cubes on all sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken broth. Leave on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes (check the cooking with the tip of a knife).
- Mix in the blender and add the cream gently. Taste, correct the seasoning. Set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients to obtain a homogeneous, slightly thick vinaigrette. Taste, correct. Book by pipette
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, spread the entire grated county in a single uniform layer.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the entire surface. Let it melt.
- With a spatula, remove the tile and place it on absorbent paper and then on a sheet of parchment paper. Cut immediately with a punch.
Straightening and finishing
- Place a little pumpkin cream in the bottom of the plate.
- Add the matches of Jamon Iberico and gently break the egg in the middle of the plate. Remove the tile.
- Add a few strokes of vinaigrette and finish with the chopped chives.
- Serve immediately.