“Croque Monsieur” goat cheese and mustard
Now that The Kitten has shown you how to make homemade sandwich bread, you need to know what to do with it. Don’t panic, The Kitten brings you the answer: a “Croque Monsieur”, sir.
But not just any croque monsieur, an original croque monsieur, cooked in a pan with a little butter, full of flavours and textures. With crispy buttered bread, mustard for character, real ham and goat cheese for sweetness and delicacy. A pure delight! THE ULTIMATE CROQUE MONSIEUR!
Of course, the recipe can be made with traditional sandwich bread, simply add herbs from Provence. Keep in mind, however, that this is a simple recipe with few ingredients. So, as The Kitten often repeats: choose quality products! This will make all the difference during the tasting.
Croque Monsieur goat cheese and mustard
Ingredients (for 4 Croque Monsieur)
- 8 slices of herbal sandwich bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 100g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 200g goat cheese type “St Maure”
- 4 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 20g semi-salted butter
Preparation (10 min + 10 min cooking time)
- Divide the mustard among 4 slices of sandwich bread.
- Add in this order: grated parmesan cheese, ham, 4 slices of goat cheese. Close with a second slice of sandwich bread and press lightly to “weld” the Croque Monsieur.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, melt 10g of butter.
- Brown each Croque for 2 to 5 minutes on each side. Add a few knobs of butter if necessary to finish cooking. The outside should be crispy and the cheese should melt.
- Cut in half diagonally and serve immediately with a salad.